Parent Connection is excited to present a professional workshop on:
Understanding Generational Patterns of Parenting
The impact of trauma on caregiver/child relationships and attachment
This training will be on Friday September 22, 2017 from 9 am to 4 pm. San Luis Coastal Adult School, Room J2 1500 Lizzie St. San Luis Obispo.
Ron Huxley, LMFT will be the training instructor he is a noted child and family therapist, speaker and blogger who helps families in need of hope and restoration in his San Luis Obispo County.
This training will have Board of Behavioral Sciences 5 Contact Hours. (This only applies to Therapists and Social Workers)
For more information: Flyer
Questions? Contact Gwendolyn Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-543-6216
Although toddlers can be physically demanding and emotionally frustrating – the years spent raising teens can bring us to our knees. But time with our teens can often be engaging, enlightening and fulfilling. Tune in for a conversation about balancing the joys and sorrows of raising teens with Parent Educators, Michele Gordon Johnson and Bill Spencer. Listen to the show
Crisis Prevention Training
- Ways of staying calm and focused during a crisis
- Communication tips & tools
- Problem solving strategies
- Quick tips to calm people who are becoming agitated
- Crisis resolution
WHEN: 2017 Training DATES
- Aug 25, 2017
- Oct 27, 2017
* These trainings fill up fast, rsvp in advance. Open to the public.
WHERE: Transitions Medical Health Association, 784 High Street, SLO
TIME: 9:00-3:30 pm
Lunch Break: 11:30-12 pm
2017 Crisis Prevention Training
For more information and to RSVP contact Amy Waddle
email@example.com or (805) 540-6577
Group Facilitator Training 2017:
A 2.5 hour presentation/workshop for anyone who
facilitates a group or is interested in facilitating.
Open to All!
This training is a good resource for people:
- New to facilitating groups
- Veteran facilitators looking for fresh ideas, support, and inspiration.
The topics we will discuss include:
- Maintaining control of a group
- Coping with personal anxiety of facilitating
- Working with critical, dominating, or monopolizing group participants
- How to practice active listening while facilitating
- Working with participants not engaging in the group
- Maintaining the balance of facilitator/peer role
- Feb 17, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- Aug 18, 2017
- Nov 13, 2017
2017 Trainings held at
TMHA – 784 High Street, SLO
RSVP to Amy Waddle
Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education is committed to bringing the finest speakers and courses in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy to parents in San Luis Obispo County. For a current list of parenting classes, please visit http://www.coastalliedhealth.com/for-parents
Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education, Inc.
PO Box 4037
San Luis Obispo