PeerBuddies – Social Skills Group
We are pleased to announce that PeerBuddies is re-launching
Social Skills Groups, set to begin February 2017!
Back by popular demand, our social skills group pairs children and teens with special needs with same-aged or slightly older Peer Buddy volunteers who teach them essential social skills in a fun, supportive environment!
Here are the details:
- Your child will have the unique opportunity to be a Peer Buddy to another child with special needs
- Program Supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) with over 15 years’ experience
- Each Buddy is mentored by their very own UCSB Facilitator, who will guide and train them the entire time!
- Ratios are 2:1.
- Weekly group Lessons include topics such as good sportsmanship, teamwork, perspective-taking, empathy, responding to bullies, hygiene, conversation skills, reading facial expressions, and more!
- “Themes” each week: Sports, Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Theater
- Incentives for high schoolers include Letters of Recommendations and References – critical for job/college applications!
- $20 total (covers costs of materials and training)
- Enrollment Deadline: February 10th, 2017! Sign up today to secure your spot!
Teen Group (ages 13-22) meets on Sundays from 1:00-2:15pm
Younger Group (ages 6-12) meets on Sundays from 2:45-4:00pm
We are also very excited to announce that we will be collaborating with Collabreations this Winter!
Fill out an application today by clicking this link: