PeerBuddies – Social Skills Groups
We are pleased to announce that PeerBuddies is re-launching Social Skills Groups, set to begin February 2017!
Back by popular demand, our social skills group pairs children and teens with special needs with same-aged or slightly older Peer Buddy volunteers who teach them essential social skills in a fun, supportive environment!
Here are the details:
- Your child will have the unique opportunity to be a Peer Buddy to another child with special needs
- Program Supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) with over 15 years’ experience
- Each Buddy is mentored by their very own UCSB Facilitator, who will guide and train them the entire time!
- Ratios are 2:1.
- Teen Group (ages 13-22) meets on Sundays from 1:00-2:15pm
- Younger Group (ages 6-12) meets on Sundays from 2:45-4:00pm
- Weekly group Lessons include topics such as good sportsmanship, teamwork, perspective-taking, empathy, responding to bullies, hygiene, conversation skills, reading facial expressions, and more!
- “Themes” each week: Sports, Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Theater
- Incentives for high schoolers include Letters of Recommendations and References – critical for job/college applications!
- $20 total (covers costs of materials and training)
- Enrollment Deadline: February 10th, 2017! Sign up today to secure your spot!We are also very excited to announce that we will be collaborating with Collabre
ations this Winter!
Fill out an application today by clicking this link: