SOUTH COUNTY PARENTING CLASSES
- South County Parenting Support Group
- Please join us for a free Parenting Support Group. The group provides parent education and information about community resources for family support. Learn how to build resiliency for difficult emotional times. Learn about mental wellness and gain strategies for balance, communication and positive growth. The group provides a safe and confidential place to share concerns and learn with other parents.
- Facilitated in Spanish by Ximena Ames, parent educator and coach.
- Day & Time: Thursdays 9 – 11am
- May 12th & 26th,
- June 2nd & 9th
Place: Oceano Family Resource Center, 1511 19th St. Oceano, CA 93445.
- Childcare & Snacks Provided.
- For questions or more information please call Ximena at (805) 462-7135
Pathways to Permanence Series:
Parenting Children Who have Experienced Trauma and Loss
Pathways to Permanence educates caregivers about the impact of trauma and loss on all aspects of a child’s development and teaches skills to effectively parent. Originally created for adoptive parents, relative caregivers, foster parents and others who are parenting children not born to them, the curriculum is also applicable to parents of children who have experienced separation from a biological parents due to divorce, death, incarceration, military service or other circumstances.
This class material discusses developmental stages from infancy through teen years.
This series addresses the needs of children who have experience developmental and relational trauma and loss including in-utero substance exposure.
Facilitators: Hannah Warren, LMFT & Karen Shin, LMFT
Date: Thursdays: March 30th, April 6th, (skipping April 13th and 20th for spring break) April 27th, May 4th, May 11th, May 18th, May 25th.
Time: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Location: New Life Pismo Church, 990 James Way, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Childcare is offered.
Class fee: $10 for materials. If participants complete the course with 5 or more attendance out of 7 week series, they will receive the material cost back in the form of a gift card.
Kinship Center, a member of Seneca Family of Agencies
Jennie Joslin @ 805.434.2449
Pre-registration is appreciated to ensure staffing and coordinating the classes.
- For additional information about South County parenting resources contact:
- Arroyo Grande Family Resource Center/SAFE
1086 Grand Ave, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
(805) 474- 2032